We implement Government policy on environmental radiation issues at National, European and International levels.
- ensuring Ireland's nuclear policy is co-ordinated between various Government Departments and Agencies,
dealing with UK consultations on nuclear matters,
- putting forward Ireland's position at international fora,
- transposing EU Directives and ensuring Ireland complies with international treaty obligations,
- responsibility for the potential health effects of non-ionising radiation including electromagnetic fields,
- working with the Environmental Protection Agency’s Office of Radiological Protection.