Independent Process Auditor Report Published
On 27 November 2018 the Government noted and accepted the findings of the review by the National Broadband Plan Independent Process Auditor. The report is available here.
27 November 2018
Progress to date
Today, over 1.7m or 73% of all premises can access high speed broadband services.
The Department is in a formal procurement process to appoint a company who will build, maintain and operate a new high speed broadband network in the NBP State intervention area over a 25 year contract.
That procurement process is now in its final stages.
On 18 September 2018, the bidding consortium submitted its final tender in the procurement process for the National Broadband Plan State led intervention to this Department.
This is one of the most significant and positive milestones in the NBP State led intervention
Q3 2018 Map Update
The High Speed Broadband Map has been updated by the Department.
This latest update shows progress in the deployment of high speed broadband in the BLUE areas on the Map up until the end of September 2018, including those premises passed under the eir Commitment Agreement.
eir Commitment Agreement – Progress Update Q3 2018
Progress in this rollout for Quarter 3 2018 has been verified by the Department.
- In the period from 1 July 2018 to end of September 2018, 34,032 premises have been passed.
- A total of 209,216 premises have been passed since eir commenced work in late 2016.
- 34,032 premises which had been represented as Light Blue on the Map have changed to Blue in this latest update.
- Follow the progress of the rural deployment covered by the Commitment Agreement.
- Information on eir's planned rural deployment is available at www.fibrerollout.ie
- This is a wholesale network only. eir sells access to the network to retail service providers on an open access basis who in turn resell to the general public.
If your premises has been passed by eir, and you want to connect to a high speed broadband service, you will need to contact a retail service provider. Details can be found on the eir website www.fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/where-to-buy
National Ploughing Championships 2018
The National Broadband Plan team was delighted to attend this year's National Ploughing Championships at Screggan, Tullamore in September.
The Ploughing is Europe's largest outdoor exhibition and agricultural trade show.
The National Broadband Plan stands were part of the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment's marquee, showcasing the policies and initiatives across the Department and our agencies under the theme of Sustainable Communities.
Find out more about our attendance at the Ploughing here.
26 November 2018