NBP Latest News
Progress to date
Today, over 1.75m or 74% of all premises can access high speed broadband services.
The Department is in a formal procurement process to appoint a company to build, maintain and operate a new high speed broadband network in the NBP State intervention area over a 25 year contract.
The procurement process to appoint a bidder for the State intervention network is now at the final stage. The next step is for Minister Bruton to bring a recommendation to Government in relation to the NBP.
Q4 2018 Map Update
The High Speed Broadband Map has been updated by the Department.
This latest update shows progress in the deployment of high speed broadband in the BLUE areas on the Map up until the end of December 2018, including those premises passed under the eir Commitment Agreement.
eir Commitment Agreement – Progress Update Q4 2018
Progress in this rollout for Quarter 4 2018 has been verified by the Department.
- In the period from 1 October 2018 to end of December 2018, 16,174 premises have been passed.
- A total of 225,176 premises have been passed since eir commenced work in late 2016.
- 16,174 premises which had been represented as Light Blue on the Map have changed to Blue in this latest update.
- Follow the progress of the rural deployment covered by the Commitment Agreement.
- Information on eir's planned rural deployment is available at www.fibrerollout.ie
- This is a wholesale network only. eir sells access to the network to retail service providers on an open access basis who in turn resell to the general public.
If your premises has been passed by eir, and you want to connect to a high speed broadband service, you will need to contact a retail service provider. Details can be found on the eir website www.fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/where-to-buy
11 March 2019