We must ensure that what we do today does not compromise our environment, but instead enhances it and makes it a place where all generations, current and future, can live sustainable and healthy lives. Each entry should highlight one key awareness initiative in their community which makes a lasting and positive contribution to the climate change and/or air quality challenges.
We are looking for communities who can demonstrate:
- action taken to raise awareness of climate/air quality issues within the community
- encouragement to the local community to improve the impact of the everyday choices they make
- support for sustainable use of local resources and a considered approach to protecting the environment
- how working together with the wider community has influenced behaviour change to more environmentally sustainable practices
- examples of working together in raising awareness of the advantages moving away from fossil fuels
Applications must be submitted by 17 May 2019 to email@example.com. Whilst we are aware that many towns and villages have events planned over the summer we require that all final reports (photos, reports, links to facebook pages, webpages etc) must be submitted by close of business on 31 July 2019. Information received after this date will not be taken into consideration when judging begins.
If you have any questions you can contact Orla at 01-6782415 or Emmet at 01-6782087 or by email to Climateawards@dccae.gov.ie and we will be happy to answer any questions.