A native of Moycullen, Co. Galway,
Minister of State Seán Kyne attended St. Mary's College in Galway City. He then
received a Primary and Master's degree in Agricultural Science at NUI,
Galway and UCD respectively.
For over a decade Minister of
State Kyne worked as an agri-environmental consultant with particular
responsibility for Rural Environmental Protection.
From 2004 – 2011 Minister of State
Kyne served as a member of Galway County Council. Since 2011 he has represented
the constituency of Galway West and Mayo South in Dáil Éireann.
As a TD, Minister of State Kyne has
served on the Oireachtas Committee on Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation. As Vice
Chair of the Oireachtas Committee on European Union Affairs. Minister of State Kyne has also served as
Chairman of the Fine Gael Committee on Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht.
The role of the Minister of State's Office is:
- to liaise between the Minister of State and the Department
- to brief the Minister of State on all aspects and developments pertaining to matters under his remit
- to acknowledge written representations from members of the Oireachtas, other public sector representatives and members of the public
- to forward representations to the appropriate Division, Department or semi-State body for reply
- to request pairings and liaise with the Chief Whip's Office with regards to Dail business
- to request speech material for the Minister of State's public engagements
- to liaise with the Department's Press Officer with regards to speeches and press releases
- to organise the Minister of State's national and international travel arrangements
- to answer telephone queries from members of the Oireachtas and the public