|AIE No.||Requester||Date and Details of Request||Decision||Date Released|
30 December 2019
Copies of all records held relating or referring to the extension of the smoky coal ban announced in December. This request to cover the period 1 September 2019 to date of receipt of the request.
|AIE2019045||Member of the Public|
02 December 2019
...To seek the documents referred to in the attached documents dated 22/5/90, where it is stated by the Kilkenny county council(KKCOCO) official that the department wrote to KKCOCO on the 7/5/90, "I refer to letter of the 7th of May " - this letter and any subsequent letters from the Department to KKCOCO in relation to this PCB spillage is of utmost importance, and I ask that fresh search for it be made for this letter, written by the Department of Environment on the 7/5/90 to KKCOCO, and any relevant subsequent correspondence to KKCOCO ....
|AIE2019044||Member of the Public|
02 December 2019
A copy of all communications to date regarding the Bog Rehabilitation Programme.
|AIE2019043||Member of the Public|
29 November 2019
A copy of the data on the abundance and distribution surveys for Cuvier's and Sowerby's beaked whale, Blue, Fin and Sperm whales in the Corrib Gas project footprint.
|AIE2019042||Member of the Public|
18 November 2019
Article 3.3(a) of EU Regulation 347/2013, states:
"each individual proposal for a project of common interest shall require the approval of the Member States, to whose territory the project relates".
Minister Bruton, in reply to a parliamentary question stated on November 5th 2019:
"My Department did not seek external advice on the inclusion of the Shannon LNG project on the 4th list of Projects of Common Interest" (see https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/question/2019-11-05/845/ )
Pursuant to EU Directive 2003/4 EC, European Communities (Access to Information on the Environment) Regulations 2007 to 2018, and all of the Complex Irish Environment legislation re 2003/4 EC, and the Aarhus Convention, please provide me, by email, with the following: A list of all advice, documents, correspondence, meeting minutes, pieces of paper, and all information known to you that in any way, and all ways relates to , the decision to approve or reject the 4th PCI list (the current proposed list) for adoption by the European Commission as per Article 3.3 of EU Regulation 347/2013 and particularly prepared by the Department for the meeting of October 4th 2019 as outlined by Minister Bruton in his parliamentary reply of November 5th, 2019 above and not previously released by you in AIE case number AIE201935.
15 November 2019
I wish to make the following request under the Access to Information on the Environment (AIE) Regulations 2007 to 2014 in relation to the new Major Review into Ireland's Energy Supply from 1 August 2019 - Present.
• The agenda, minutes (to include draft versions) and associated documents (those mentioned in the agenda and/or minutes) of any meetings in relation to the new Major Review into Ireland's Energy Supply;
• All briefing and/or policy documents (to include drafts) created in relation to the new Major Review into Ireland's Energy Supply;
• All correspondence (to include attachments and associated documents mentioned in the correspondence) with any of the following in relation to the new Major Review into Ireland's Energy Supply - EirGrid, ESB, Bord na Móna, Ervia, Gas Networks Ireland, the Climate Change Advisory Council and the CRU;
• All correspondence (to include attachments and associated documents mentioned in the correspondence) with non-state entities/bodies in relation to the role that hydrogen and Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) can play in the energy transition;
• A copy of the Terms of Reference (including drafts) in relation to the new Major Review into Ireland's Energy Supply;
05 November 2019
Seeking correspondence between the department and Repak and/or the EPA in 2018 and 2019 pertaining to the schedule of fees charged to Repak members on a per tonne basis place materials on the market.
I am also seeking any other records on this subject from 2019 held by the department's waste policy division.
|AIE2019039||Member of the Public|
23 October 2019
(1) I wish to identify which documents and forms of environmental information the Department of Communications, Climate Action and the Environment hold in relation to a Wind farm at Teevurcher Windfarm Co Meath.
(2) I wish to identify the entire scope of Environmental Information that the Department of Communications, Climate Action and the Environment hold, in relation to the Teevurcher Windfarm where Environmental Information is defined per Article 3:
(3) I wish to apply for all environmental information held in relation to REFIT supports related to the Teevurcher Windfarm, Co Meath.
(4) I wish to apply for all records in relation to application documents and approval documents related to REFIT payments in respect of the Teevurcher Wind Farm.
07 October 2019
Please provide in electronic format the files, memos, notes, and internal and external emails from 2018 on the CHP plant proposed by Mayo Renewable Limited for Killala, County Mayo.
This request specifically includes any communications with the Commissioner for Regulation of Utilities [CRU].
30 September 2019
- copies of any records held relating or referring to the Taoiseach's announcement of a ban on oil prospecting off the Irish coast. This request to cover the period 1 August 2019 to date of receipt of this request.
|AIE2019036||Member of the Public|
27 September 2019
• Any Local Authority Adaptation Strategy received from Waterford City and County Council in response to the National Adaptation Guidelines.
• Any correspondence between the department and the council regarding same in the last year.
|AIE2019035||Member of the Public|
11 September 2019
A list of all documents, correspondence, meeting minutes, pieces of paper, and all information known to you that in any way, and all ways relates to, the decision to approve or reject the 4th PCI list (the current proposed list) for adoption by the European Commission as per Article 3.3 of EU Regulation 347/2013.
Please enumerate the list, clearly displaying date of information, sender, recipient(s) along with a meaningful description.
|AIE2019034||Member of the Public|
11 September 2019
The date on which the 4th PCI list (the current proposed list) will be similarly approved or rejected by the Department of Communications, Climate Action and the Environment for adoption by the European Commission as per Article 3.3 of EU Regulation 347/2013.
28 August 2019
Request in relation the old Drumgossatt mine and Drummond mine in Co Monaghan.
• All documents in relation to any report(s) from Gyproc and/or on behalf of Gyproc by the consultancy firm SRK in relation to the old Drumgossatt mine in Co Monaghan from 1 April 2019-Present;
• All documents in relation to any report(s) from Department and/or on behalf of the Department by Wardell Armstrong (to include draft versions) in relation the old Drumgossatt mine in Co Monaghan from 1 April 2019-Present;
• Any documents in relation to any meetings between Minister for State Canney and Senator Robbie Gallagher in relation to the old Drumgossatt mine report from 1 April 2019-Present;
• Any documents in relation to surface monitoring checks at the old Drumgossatt mine and/or the Drummond mine from 1 January 2017-present;
19 August 2019
The Deep Retrofit Pilot Grant Programme to cover the period 1 January 2019 – present.
1) The agenda, minutes (to include draft versions) and associated documents of any internal meetings and/or meetings with officials from the SEAI and/or officials from the Department of Housing in relation to the Deep Retrofit Pilot Grant Programme;
2) All internal correspondence (to include emails, memos, attachments and associated documents, etc.) within the Energy division that discuss funding issues and/or budgetary issues and/or the processing of applications in relation to the Deep Retrofit Pilot Grant Programme;
3) All monthly briefing or update reports on the Deep Retrofit Pilot Grant Programme sent from the Energy division both internally and/or to external bodies;
4) All briefing documents and correspondence (to include emails, memos, attachments and associated documents, etc.) prepared in relation to the appearance of Michael Manley and Robert Deegan before the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Climate Action on 10 July 2019. Link here: https://tinyurl.com/y5khosfc
5) All briefing documents and correspondence (to include emails, memos, attachments and associated documents, etc.) prepared in relation to a written Dail answer provided by Minister Bruton on 25 June 2019. Link here: https://tinyurl.com/y2q28qk5
14 August 2019
- copies of any correspondence between SEAI and your department regarding the deep retrofit scheme in the period 1 January 2019 to date of receipt of this request.
- copies of any reports, submissions, memoranda, or other such review or explanatory documents referring or relating to a lack of funding for the deep retrofit scheme. This part of the request to cover the period 1 July 2018 to date of receipt of this request.
|AIE2019030||Member of the Public|
12 August 2019
Request to be furnished with copies of any environmental records relating to PLA's PL 1431, PL 2295 and PL 3145 ( Ref: MA 312/1), from 2004 to the current day.
1. The Application forms for each Prospecting Licence from both past and present licence holders, of which there have been 3, and all supporting documentation of said process.
2. Copies of each licence holder's programme submitted for consideration of granting of licences.
3. All appropriate assessment screening carried out through said period under each individual licence holder.
4. A copy of the Minister's determination of said appropriate assessment screenings throughout said period.
5. All Environmental Impact Assessment screenings and related documentation carried out over the period outlined under each licence holder.
6. The Minister's determinations on said Environmental Impact Assessments under each licence holder.
7. All environmental surveys carried out by licence holders under said period.
8. A map of proposed drill and trenching targets planned under all prospecting programmes under said period.
9. Copies of any communication/consultancy with National Parks and Wildlife Service, or any other environmental or advisory body related to environmental protection.
10. Copies of exploration programmes proposed under each prospecting licence holder.
11. All environmental screenings undertaken to determine whether or not EIS or Appropriate Assessment was required.
12. The minister's reasoning for these determinations.
13. All correspondence from explorations companies and Minister regarding intention and consent to undergo drilling and trenching works throughout said period.
07 August 2019
Request records from November 2018 to date in relation to the department's discovery that the wrong company had been listed as guarantor for the Corrib gas site.
I would also like a copy of all records in the same time frame dealing with the request to grant permission for the sale of Shell's stake in the gas project to a Canadian pension fund.
|AIE2019028||Oireachtas / Public Representative|
07 August 2019
All drafts, notes, letters, minutes or other documents generated in production of Climate Action Plan which refer to the relationship between Brexit and the Climate Action Plan or wider Climate Change Policy
19 June 2019
We request the following in relation to the part of action 133 assigned to GSI, namely:
"Evaluate natural resources concealed by peat cover in the Midland counties. Outline potential for communities and industry to utilise available sand and gravel deposits, minerals, groundwater and deeper geothermal energy resources as part of a Just Transition for these areas"
The request is for:
The most recent proposal, scoping and specification information in relation to this task including the most up to date environmental assessments.
The request refers to Action 133 of the Climate Action Plan 2019
|AIE2019026||Member of the Public|
29 July 2019
PL Area 930, Mining application MA258/3:
· Any screening assessments related to proposed activities at or in the vicinity of a Natura 2000 site
· Any screening assessments relating to proposed diamond drilling
· Any documentation relating to trenching during the proposed prospecting activities
· Any documentation relating to water usage, including sources of water usage, during the proposed prospecting activities
29 July 2019
Request to cover the period from 1 January 2018 to present:
All submissions from the public in relation to prospective licences for mineral exploration received by the Department;
The agenda, minutes (to include draft versions) and associated/mentioned documents of any meetings attended by Department staff and/or Minister in relation to prospective mining exploration/mining licences;
All correspondence (including attachments and associated/mentioned documents) to/from Department staff in relation to the inclusion of all/part of protected area(s) (SPA and/or NHA and/or SCA and/or or national parks) in the proposed location of prospective licences for mineral exploration falling.
|AIE2019024||Member of the Public|
25 July 2019
1. Copies of all maintenance work records on the Sutton pumping station, the pipe connection from Sutton Pumping station to the subsea pipe connector at Sutton creek and the Sutton to Ringsend subseapipeline, the connection pipeline from the subsea pipe to Ringsend Waste water treatment plant.
2. A copy of the arbitrator's report and supporting documents relating to the dispute between Dublin City Council and Alfred McAlpine and Tideway, over cost and timeline overuns on the Dublin Bay Project.
3. Copies of any information held by the Department which relates to any issues relating to actual or potential sewage leaks, damage, construction flaws and operation issues on the Sutton pumping Station, Dublin to Ringsend subsea pipe and all connections between Sutton and Ringsend, that information should include but not be limited to:
• All minutes of council meetings referencing the Dublin Bay Project or issues associated with the project.
• Internal emails, memos, written correspondence referencing the Dublin Bay Project or issues associated with the project.
• All third party (external) emails, memos, written correspondence relating to the site and issues affecting the Dublin Bay Project (Eg. Landowners, developers, Project Managers, Construction companies, EPA, other county councils, Ministerial departments, Irish Water, Ervia, local groups, members of public etc).
• Minutes of meetings with all third parties relating to the Dublin Bay project and issues affecting the project (Eg. Landowners, developers, Project Managers, Construction companies, EPA, other county councils, ministerial departments, Irish Water, local groups, members of public etc).
• Information and reports on any investigations undertaken on the pipeline(s), pumping station site including land and water sample results.
• Copies of all waste licences associated with the project.
• Any remediation proposal or plans that have been discussed.
• All documents/information relating to the leak which flooded St Fintans School in 2003.
• All documents/ information relating to the leak which flooded Sutton pumping station and Baldoyle in 2003.
• All documents/ information relating to the poured concrete emergency repair of the pipe.
|AIE2019023||Member of the Public|
18 July 2019
Requesting access to seismic sub-bottom data collected on the continental shelf offshore of Ireland by/for the Petroleum Affairs Division.
• Information that is the subject of the request: 2D seismic survey data collected by Western Geophysical on the Celtic Sea and west of Ireland in 2016 for the Petroleum Affairs Division. More specifics for individual transects of interest are provided.
|Withdrawn||24 July 2019|
|AIE2019022||Member of the Public|
18 July 2019
Regarding prospecting Licences (M.A. 320/5) and (M.A. 320/6)
1. The Application form for the licence.
2. The Evidence of technical ability and financial viability provided by the prospecting company.
3. The statement of reasons why the application was made for particular minerals.
4. The proposed exploration programme
5. The Insurance policy against third party claims of environmental damage,
6. The environmental screening which determined that an Appropriate Assessment is not required including
a) all information on which the screening is based
b) all reports by the environmental Assessor
7. The environmental screening which determined that an Environmental Impact Assessment is not required including
a) all information on which the screening is based and
b) all reports by the Environmental Assessor
17 July 2019
Copies of any records held referring or relating to an EPA report that showed high levels of nitrogen oxide in the Dublin region. This request to cover the period 1 May 2019 to date of receipt of this request.
|AIE2019020||Member of the Public|
13 July 2019
• The protected disclosures made by Seamus O'Loughlin to the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment.
• The correspondence forwarding these disclosures to the responsible persons in the department for further investigation.
|AIE2019019||Member of the Public|
12 July 2019
Any documents (including but not limited to correspondence (letters, e-mails, etc.), briefings, reports, notes of telephones conversations, and notes of meetings) relating to compliance with environmental obligations including:
• development consent (including but not limited to planning permission);
• Environmental Impact Statements/Environmental Impact Assessment Reports and/or Environmental Impact Assessments under the EIA Directive;
• Natura Impact Statements and/or appropriate assessments under the Habitats Directive;
• public participation obligations under the EIA Directive and Habitats Directive,
(a) in the context of providing the EIB with the assurances it required in advance of signing the financing facility agreed between Gas Networks Ireland and the European Investment Bank on 7 December 2018; and
(b) more generally in respect of projects falling within the scope of that financing facility (whether such projects were approved before or after the facility was signed).
|AIE2019018||Member of the Public|
06 July 2019
I request all information relating to the Minister's intention to grant a prospecting licence to MOAG Copper Gold Resources (Ref: MA258/3), as relevant to assessing the environmental impacts of the proposed activity, including but not limited to:
• all Appropriate Assessment screening and/or Appropriate Assessment documentation
• the copy of the Minister's Appropriate Assessment screening determination
• all Environmental Impact Assessment screening and/or Environmental Impact Assessment screening and/or scoping documentation
• all ecological surveys and impact assessments documentation
• all environmental surveys and impact assessments documentation
• a map indicating the locations of the proposed activities
• a copy of the applicant's application form (i.e. the completed Form 1) and all accompanying and supporting documentation supplied with it
• copies of all correspondence and communication with the National Parks and Wildlife Service and any other organisations (whether public, private or voluntary) with a remit for the environment
19 June 2019
I wish to obtain copies of all notes, records and memos held by the Department concerning the awarding of off shore licences to drill for oil and gas to CNOC, the state owned Chinese firm. I am making the application under the Access to Information on the Environment AIE.
I specifically wanted all records related to any security advice given to or sought by the Department about CNOC.
|AIE2019016||Member of the Public|
31 May 2019
Pursuant to 2003/4 EC, and any and all of the Complex Irish Environment legislation re 2003/4 EC, & Aarhus Convention. Any and all correspondence that in any way or in all ways
relates to the Tamboran Option over the Lough Allen Basin as granted in 2011, since January 1st 2015 and the present day between the Department or its predecessor Department, and Tamboran or its successor company(s).
|AIE2019015||Member of the Public|
30 May 2019
Pursuant to 2003/4 EC, and any and all of the Complex Irish Environment legislation re 2003/4 EC, & Aarhus Convention. All correspondence you have knowledge of that refers in all ways and any ways to the Petroleum Exploration Licence PLA 2/16 being sought by Tamboran Resources UK limited for a large portion of Fermanagh.
07 May 2019
We request communications between DCCAE, including the Petroleum Affairs Division with Providence Resources including Tony O'Reilly Jnr including since previous provision of AIE from DCCAE to us on 20th May 2018.
This information should include information of Providence Resources preparation of End of Year Trading Statement and communications between Tony O'Reilly and Bill Morrissey and other personnel or associated companies and Bill Morrissey and other DCCAE personnel.
07 May 2019
We request communications received from representatives of solid fuel companies based or registered in Ireland, Northern Ireland or other jurisdictions on the introduction of a smokeless fuel zone on an all island basis or within the State since January Ist 2017.
07 May 2019
We request communications received from Irish Business and Employers Federation (IBEC) or any other representative group or individual brand including Coca Cola ,Lucozade ,
Starbucks, MacDonald's, Supermacs, Costa on the issue of disposal or recycling of single use plastic bottle or tea or coffee cups since January 1st 2019.
02 May 2019
Can you confirm if DCCAE is the government department responsible for awareness raising and training of public authorities on AIE?
Could you tell us the actual amounts spent by DCCAE on AIE training for public authorities for each of the last 3 years (i.e. 2016, 2017, 2018) and the amount spent to date this year and the current budget for future AIE training?
29 April 2019
Request for the Minutes and any other records created for the establishment and conduct of the Department's working group on wetlands, including minutes of the meetings held to date and the date and agenda for any future meetings.
23 April 2019
I write to request the following environmental information held by the Department of Communications, Climate Action and the Environment in relation to a loan granted to Gas Networks Ireland from the European Investment Bank (EIB) in December 2018.
I wish, please, to receive information on the following:
1. Agenda and meeting minutes (and any attached and/or assisted documents) from January 2015 to present in which Gas Networks Ireland and the EIB were mentioned
2. All correspondence (and any attached and/or assisted documents) from January 2015 to present in which Gas Networks Ireland and the EIB were mentioned
3. Agenda and meeting minutes (and any attached and/or assisted documents) from January 2015 to present in which climate change and the EIB were mentioned
4. All correspondence (and any attached and/or assisted documents) from January 2015 to present in which climate change and the EIB were mentioned.
I request that the information is provided in electronic form please.
I understand that the Department of Communications, Climate Action and the Environment does not oversee Gas Networks Ireland, but as this decision relates to environmental matters it would seem very important that the DCCAE were consulted.
05 April 2019
Under the AIE Regulations could you send us the correspondence with the coal industry regarding threats of litigation in relation to a proposed nationwide ban on smoky coal. The issue is reported today in the Irish Times (https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/government-delays-plans-for-smoky-coal-ban-following-legal-threats-from-industry-1.3849945)
11 March 2019
For health and safety reasons, I would like to request the records on the abattoirs in Ireland available to the department pursuant to the The European Communities (Access to Information on the Environment) Regulations 2007 to 2014.
|Withdrawn||14 March 2019|
|AIE2019006||Member of the Public|
08 March 2019
I am requesting information on Air quality during school pick up and drop off times at Rathcoole Co. Dublin. There is a very high volume of slow traffic. This request is submitted under the AIE Regulations 2007-2014.
|Withdrawn||29 March 2019|
|AIE2019005||Member of the Public|
03 March 2019
A copy of all information and correspondence (including emails, meetings, meeting notes, phone calls, presentations, reports etc.) regarding:
1. trialling of 5G (including dates, locations and results of trials).
2. timeframe and details of rollout of 5G
3. the administrative processes applicable to the rollout of 5G in Ireland including
- which authority is responsible for authorising the rollout of 5G
- the process for that authorisation
- health and environmental assessments required
4. Guidance and instructions to / from other departments regarding the rollout of 5G.
In the period 01.01.2017 - today 03.03.2019.
|AIE2019004||Member of the Public|
22 February 2019
1. Agenda and meeting minutes (and any attached and/or assisted documents) from January 2011 to present in which the Shannon LNG terminal and the European Commission Projects of Common Interest (PCI) list were mentioned
2. All correspondence (and any attached and/or assisted documents) from January 2011 to present in which the Shannon LNG terminal and the European Commission PCI list were mentioned
3. Agenda and meeting minutes (and any attached and/or assisted documents) from January 2011 to present in which Shannon LNG and the European Investment Bank (EIB) were mentioned
4. All correspondence (and any attached and/or assisted documents) from January 2011 to present in which Shannon LNG and the European Investment Bank (EIB) were mentioned
|AIE2019003||Member of the Public|
19 February 2019
Under the EU Renewable Energy Directive (2009/28/EC) Ireland is committed to producing at least 16% of all energy consumed from renewable sources by 2020. Ireland has committed to meet this national target through 40% renewable electricity, 12% renewable heat and 10% renewable transport. Additionally, Ireland's target is to achieve 20% lower greenhouse gas emissions levels by 2020 compared to 2005.
The details of my AIE request are as follows:
The current percentage of electricity, heat and transport that is produced from renewable sources as of February 2019.
The current percentage of all energy consumed in Ireland that is derived from renewable sources as of February 2019.
16 January 2019
I wish to make the following request under the Access to Information on the Environment (AIE) Regulations 2007 to 2014 in relation to the proposed all of government plan to make Ireland a leader in responding to climate change.
• The agenda, minutes (to include draft versions) and associated documents of any meetings between the Minister for Climate Action and any Secretary General(s) from any Government department(s) from 1 December 2018 to present;
• All departmental briefing documents (to include drafts) created in relation to the above mentioned meeting(s) from 1 November 2018 to present;
• All correspondence (both internal and external) and attachments/associated documents in relation to the above mentioned meeting(s) sent from 1 November 2018 to present
In all above cases, the information requested relates to documents, notes, attachments to files, records of meetings, records or notes of unminuted meetings, discussions or gatherings (including lists of attendees). In the case of emails, any attachments to emails should be included.
09 January 2019
We seek copies of the following information under the European
Communities (Access to Information on the Environment) Regulations 2007 to 2018 and the Freedom oflnformation Act, 2014:
1. Waste acceptance records for individual loads of material accepted at Drehid Landfill, Co. Kildare, for disposal in 2016, 2017 and 2018 stated to have arrived from a waste facility at Barnan, Rhode, Co. Offaly, operated by Guessford Limited, a subsidiary of Oxigen Environmental. The requested information is to include (but not limited to) date and time of acceptance, vehicle registration, tonnage of load, European Waste Catalogue code (EWC), any other description of waste load logged.
2. Waste acceptance records for individual loads of material accepted at Drehid Landfill, Co. Kildare, for recovery in 2016, 2017 and 2018 stated to have arrived from a waste facility at Barnan, Rhode, Co. Offaly, operated by Guessford Limited, a subsidiary of Oxigen Environmental. The requested information is to include (but not limited to) date and time of acceptance, vehicle registration, tonnage of load, European Waste Catalogue code (EWC), any other description of waste load logged and designated recovery use at Drehid.
|Withdrawn||14 January 2019|