|AIE No.||Requester||Date and Details of Request||Decision||Date Released|
17 January 2018.
Requesting funding to ENGO's from the Aarhus, the Bioeconomy & Environmental Awareness Division to be released to our group.
|19 January 2018|
|AIE2018002||Member of the Public|
24 January 2018.
1.For the period 1st January 2016 to present
The information requested relates to the proposed targets to increase the share of plastic packaging waste prepared for reuse and recycling to 55 per cent in the European Circular Economy Package (hereinafter referred to as the CEP plastic target):
- Agenda, minutes and any accompanying documents (to include emails) of meetings with any representatives of any of the below organisations/groups* in which the CEP plastic target is mentioned;
- All correspondence (including letters) with any representatives of any of the below organisations/groups in which the CEP plastic target is mentioned;.
*The groups are:
- Coca-Cola Ireland
- Plastics Ireland
- Ibec (for Irish Businesses)
- Retail Ireland (Ibec)
- Irish Beverage Council
2. Since agreement in mid-December 2017 of the target for plastic packaging of 55% prepared for reuse/recycling by 2030,
- Any reports, memos, circular letters, internal correspondence in which the department proposes how Ireland can meet the new CEP plastic target from the time of agreement to present.
The records are not available to view online due to it's volume, however can be obtained by contacting CSU
|22 February 2018|
21 February 2018.
My request relates to correspondence I have had with the EPA regarding the repatriation of waste from Northern Ireland and associated issues. My request deals with the administrative work involved in protecting the environment and is covered by the AIE regulations.
• A copy of the first and second framework agreements that were signed to deal with the repatriation of waste from Northern Ireland following on from the European Commission action after 2004.
• All correspondence with the EPA and internally arising from correspondence from the EPA in Nov 2015 to the Department of the Environment confirming that it would cease its investigations into original source of the waste - this should include any Departmental memo or report dealing with this matter.
• The details of the number and nature of requests the Department has been aware of from Northern Irish authorities regarding waste not covered by the Framework agreements but which were suspected to involved waste illegally dumped in the North which was suspected to have been moved from the South.
|21 March 2018|
|AIE2018004||Member of the Public|
22 February 2018
Request for all documents concerning Clare County Councils proposed traffic management plan in Ennistymon to include construction of a new bridge and re-alignment of the existing road.
|Transferred||22 February 2018|
|AIE2018005||Member of the Public|
21 February 2018
I wish to make an application for Information Under the European Communities (Access to Information on the Environment) Regulations 2007 to 2014, to seek the following Information :
I seek a copy of all information in all and original formats held by or for the DCCAE relating to Grant requests from Kilkenny County council in 2016, 2017 and to date in 2018; to include all relevant internal and external correspondence, such as but not limited to emails, notes, notes of telephone calls, memoranda, draft memoranda, reports, draft reports, maps, photos etc concerning this grant application/s; in short, I seek the entire files on any requests from Kilkenny county council within this time frame.
As this request may include some documents concerning an emission (namely, PCB's) into our environment, I would be very much obliged if the DCCAE ,or the detailed AIE officer, could expedite this decision and release this information to me as soon as possible.
|20 April 2018|
23 February 2018
My request relates to the administration of measures undertaken to protect the environment. The request is a follow-on from which the Department dealt with fully and which was released on March 21, 2018. [Ref: AIE2018003].
This released, request contained the one set of minutes of a Meeting of the National Waste Enforcement Steering Committee.
The purpose of this request is to request a copy of the minutes of all meetings of this steering committee from January 1, 2011 to the present day. I am making this request on the assumption that it is not a voluminous request as it would appear the records are held electronically, are likely to be stored together and appear to be quarterly so there are possible four meetings a year.
|28 March 2018|
05 April 2018
Request for information under EU Directive 2003/4/EC which is attached as a
schedule to SI 2007-133 - European Communities (Access to Information on the
Environment) Regulations 2007 as amended. EU Directive 2014/52/EU states at 6.5
Member States shall take the necessary measures to ensure that the relevant
information is electronically accessible to the public, through at least a central portal
or easily accessible points of access, at the appropriate administrative level.
Please provide the web addresses of the easily accessible points of access, at which
electronic copies of submitted EIA Reports are available.
|Transferred||06 April 2018|
19 April 2018.
Seeking Seabird spatial data and final reports from the 'ObSERVE Aerial' project. Spatial Data in the form of Shapefiles.
|Withdrawn||19 April 2018|
03 May 2018
Minutes of the meetings and a copy of the email referred to in this entry on the lobbying register https://www.lobbying.ie/return/22323/electricity-association-of-ireland-eai
All information generated in response to the lobbying including any internal information and any further correspondence arising
|07 June 2018|
02 May 2018
Seeking access to all records held by the Department relating to exploration and extraction of oil and gas by Providence Resources PLC and/or EXOLA DAC and APEC Energy Enterprise Ltd. (China) at Barryroe SEL 1/11 and Barryroe East Extension.
|AIE2018011||Member of the Public|
23 May 2018
1. all minutes from meetings of the Renewable Energy Development Group.
2. all reports / documents / advisory notes / memos prepared by or on behalf of the Renewable Energy Development Group (REDG).
3. Confirmation as to whether sub-groups of the REDG were formed and convened meetings. If so, the names of these sub-groups.
|AIE2018012||Member of the Public|
24 May 2018
All information and correspondence, including all internal correspondence, all correspondence with the Minister or Ministers, all correspondence with Wicklow County Council, all correspondence with the EPA and all correspondence with the EU Commission and the European Court of Justice, relating to the following findings of the High Court case No. 56 SP, Brownfield Restoration Ireland Ltd vs Wicklow County Council.
29 May 2018
The consideration and approval of the Eircom 300K Network and the subsequent agreement with Eircom Ltd. under the National Broadband Plan.
1. Records of the brief given to Analysys Mason in relation to this matter.
2. The report of Analysys Mason.*
3. Records of the brief given to KPMG in relation to this matter.
4. The report of KPMG.*
5. The PWC State Aid Report in relation to this matter.*
6. Records of the brief given to Mason Hayes and Curran in relation to this matter.
7. Records of the legal advice and/or report(s) of Mason Hayes and Curran.
8. Details of any other reports commissioned or used in the process of examining the Eircom 300K Network.
9. Correspondence between the Department and the European Commission relating to qualification of the Eircom 300K Network under the State Aid Guidelines since May 2015.
10. The complete and un-redacted text of the agreement with Eircom Ltd.
11. Copies of all 'heads of agreement' or MOUs or similar between representatives of Eircom Group and Ministers or officials of the Irish Government since May 2015 in relation to this matter.
*all noted in memo released under FOI/2017/61
|AIE2018014||Member of the Public|
05 June 2018
Please provide all information and correspondence, including, but not limited to, all internal correspondence, all correspondence with the Minister or Ministers, all correspondence with the EPA relating to complaints made by (requestor details) to various Ministers regarding allegations of malpractice by the EPA.
|29 June 2018|
05 June 2018
• A copy of all affidavits and exhibits in the possession of the Department and or any order or judgement made in this case which were opened.
• A copy of any detailed report or memo on the outcome of this action which is not otherwise published.
• A copy of correspondence between the Department and Donegal County Council or the EPA in relation to the specific issues of the handling of dredge soil / contaminated sand at the site.
Information of this nature is for the most part supposed to be public under Article 34 of the Constitution, that justice be administered in public. However, it is not public in the sense of the Aahaus Convention in that it is not readily accessible to the public. As such it cannot be considered to be confidential or would ever have the character necessary to be treated as confidential.
I am making this application in the knowledge that, in a long running case, the volume of documentation might be large. In asking for all material I am making the assumption that all files are held electronically and together. If this is the case I am happy to amend the wording to make it more manageable.
For the assistance of the decision maker, the primary focus of my research is the issue of the handling and movement of the dredge soil dealt with in paragraphs 38 to 50 of the judgement of Mr Justice McKechnie on September 3, 2010 and dealt with again, briefly, in the second judgement. If there are issues regarding the scale of the request I would be happy to refine it to all correspondence and reports that arose on this issue.
|AIE2018016 ||Member of the Public|
12 June 2018
Records held by this Department relating to the use of public resources and funds to fund the partial remediation of the illegal landfill at Whitestown by Wicklow County Council from 2012 to 2015. In particular, the information I am seeking is what steps were taken, and all documentation relating to those steps, by the Department to ensure that the remediation works were lawful and that the use of the public resources and funds were therefore lawful and that they were used in accordance with the law, i.e. that they did not breach the requirements of EU and Irish environmental and waste legislation.
As well as; all information relating to what steps the Department has taken to recoup and recover those public resources and funds once Mr Justice Humphreys judged in May and July 2017 that the remediation works were illegal, i.e. that they breached the requirements of multiple EU and Irish environmental and waste legislation for example but not confined to, the Landfill Directive in that the remediation works did not include the installation of a liner in the landfill.
|AIE2018017||Member of the Public|
13 June 2018
Please forward by email an electronic copy of the consent from the Minister to proceed with this acoustic survey ('Acoustic Research Survey in the Eastern Margin of the Porcupine Basin'),
a copy of the appropriate assessment and the mitigation plan for marine mammals during the duration of the survey.
|AIE2018018 ||Member of the Public|
27 June 2018
A copy of the agreement between ELVES(End of Life Vehicle Environmental Scheme) and the Department. Any reports(annual or otherwise) on the implementation of the scheme.
|AIE2018019||Member of the Public|
13 July 2018
1. I seek copy of all internal and external email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org correspondence, records and documentation concerning the below complaint as communicated by me to these units on the 8/8/17.
2. I also seek a copy of all internal and external communications by the DCCAE in relation to my substantive complaint sent to Inland Fisheries Ireland(fisheries Ireland) re the below matter.
As this request concerns emissions into the CSAC River Nore, a priority status site under the Habitats directive, I expect a 'prompt and positive' response and immediate release of relevant documents, records and correspondence.
19 July 2018
1. The name and Departmental title of of the 'Lead Official' with whom Minister Naughten initially met and who was assigned the task of investigating the issues raised by the RTS Group.
2. A copy of the Minutes of the meeting between Minister Denis Naughten and the Lead Official (meeting appears to have taken place between 18th January 2018 and 13th February 2018).
3. A copy of the investigation remit given to the lead official by Minister Denis Naughten (what was the scope of what they were asked to do?).
4. A copy of all invitations issued to 'EirGrid and other parties' to attend meetings / discussions regarding this matter (e.g. emails, memos etc.).
5. A list of all meetings held to discuss / explore the issues raised including the minutes of those meetings.
6. A copy of all draft versions of the 'report'.
7. The name and Departmental title of the Author of 'the report'. (No author is identified on the document - references throughout to 'lead official'/'official').
8. The reports / evidence / information that Minister Naughten relied on when he stated "Ireland's planning process is rightly regarded as one of the most comprehensive and participatory in Europe".
This information is urgent and is requested by Friday 3rd August 2018.
20 July 2018
Could you send us the email that was sent to Minister Naughten that is referred to in this return on the lobbying register:
23 July 2018
All documents, communitation and correspondence between the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment and ESB Wind Development Limited and ESB and it's associated companies, ESB Networks and ESB International and in relation to the Woodhouse Wind Farm from 1 January 2002 to date.
|AIE2018023||Member of the Public|
23 July 2018
A copy of all "Shareholder Letters of Expectation" showing the expectations for the following companies relating to renewable energy/wind energy:
• Bord na Mona
23 July 2018
Please provide copies of the emails referred to in the following entries on the lobbying register:
|AIE2018025||Member of the Public|
23 July 2018
Between 18th January 2018 and end of April 2018, GSI attended meetings / provided information to the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment regarding the electricity project - 'The Laois-Kilkenny Reinforcement Project'.
Under the Access to Information on the environment regulations, can you please supply the following information by Monday 6th August:
- a copy of any correspondence with DCCAE regarding this matter (incl. emails, reports, information, minutes of meetings, memos etc.)
|AIE2018026||Member of the Public|
27 July 2018
Can you please provide a copy of the Oversight Agreement between DCCAE and the CRU (Utilities Regulator).
Please provide current and superseded versions of the agreement which also cover the CER (Commission for Energy Regulation) as they were formerly known.
I would appreciate if this information could be supplied by Friday 10th August 2018.
|AIE2018027||Member of the Public|
03 August 2018
I wish to make the following request under the AIE Regulations 2007.
1. A copy of the Eirgrid/ESB Response to NEPP submission to the Department in relation to the Ecofys Report – Date circa July 2009.
2. A copy of the report titled 'International Comparative Practice in the Approach to and Levels of Compensation of Property Owners in Proximity to High-Voltage Transmission Lines' which was submitted to the Department by the consultant engaged to prepare same.
3. Any correspondence between Eirgrid and/or ESB and the Department in relation to the report 'International Comparative Practice in the Approach to and Levels of Compensation of Property Owners in Proximity to High-Voltage Transmission Lines'
4. A copy of the report "Independent Study into the Technical Feasibility and Cost of Undergrounding the NSIC Project".
5. Any correspondence between Eirgird and/or ESB and the Department in relation to the report "Independent Study into the Technical Feasibility and Cost of Undergrounding the NSIC Project".
I am happy to receive scanned copies of the records requested.
08 August 2018
Under the Access to Information on the Environment Regulations, please provide information relating to all briefings of your department by Eirgrid in relation to EirGrid's "The Laois – Kilkenny Reinforcement Project" dating from January 1st 2017 to the present day August 6th 2018.
Please include all correspondence (e.g. in writing, in electronic mail, records of phone calls/text messages etc., minutes of meetings, records of meetings, Social Media) between officials of the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment and Eirgrid and/or any agent acting on behalf of Eirgrid (ESB, ESBI, Reach Active, as an example) in relation to the Laois - Kilkenny Reinforcement Project.
10 August 2018
-Copies of all records held by your Department relating to S.I. No. 309 of 2018.
-Copies of any correspondence and submissions received by the Department in advance of the making of S.I. No. 309 of 2018 by the Minister
|AIE2018030 ||Member of the Public|
17 August 2018
I wish to make the following request for access to environmental information in accordance with the AIE legislation. The information I am seeking is a copy of the briefing note for the Minister referred to by Mr Niall McLoughlin in an email of 03 September 2004 to Philip Nugent in relation to the illegal landfill at Whitestown and all documentation related to that briefing note.
|AIE2018031||Member of the Public|
03 September 2018
A copy of all "Shareholder Letters of Expectation" (current and superseded) showing the expectations for the following companies:
· Bord na Mona
|AIE2018032||Member of the Public|
09 September 2018
In January 2018, Minister Denis Naughten undertook to investigate issues raised by the RTS Action Group Regarding the Laois-Kilkenny Reinforcement Project.
This resulted in a document being produced by DCCAE which is dated 30th April 2018 and entitled "Note for Information; Laois - Kilkenny Reinforcement Project; Proposed electricity sub-station, Coolnabacky, Ratheniska, County Laois."
Under the Access to Information on the Environment Regulations, can you please provide:
• A copy of all correspondence distributing / circulating this "information note" (entitled "Note for Information; Laois - Kilkenny Reinforcement Project; Proposed electricity sub-station, Coolnabacky, Ratheniska, County Laois." dated 30th April 2018) I.e. who was it sent to? Please provide copies of the cover letters / emails / faxes / memos etc. Please consider the time period 30th April 2018 - today 09th September 2018.
|AIE2018033||Member of the Public|
09 September 2018
I wish to make the following request for access to environmental information in accordance with the AIE legislation. The information I am seeking is all documentation, correspondence, drafts, comments on drafts, etc. relating to the two articles in October 2015 edition of Environment for Europeans relating to waste management in Ireland and resolution of the ECJ Judgement (C/494/01)
11 September 2018
1. The letter referred to in this entry on the lobbying register
2. All replies and any other information whether for external or internal use that arose from this lobbying.
|AIE2018035||Member of the Public|
12 September 2018
A request for Access to Environmental Information regarding core funding granted to Environmental NGOs in Ireland between 1998-2017.
|AIE2018036 ||Member of the Public|
13 September 2018
1. A copy of the Project Initiation Document for the overall Irish wind export project.
2. A copy of all Minutes of the Steering Group and any reports / presentations / information provided to or held by this group.
3. A copy of all Minutes of the Grid Issues Working Group (IGWG) and all reports / presentations held by this group including cover correspondence.
4. A copy of all Minutes of the Planning Working Group and all reports / presentations held by this group including cover correspondence.
5. A copy of all correspondence between the Steering Group and the Grid Issues Working Group.
6. A copy of all correspondence between the Steering Group and the Planning working Group.
7. A copy of all correspondence between the Grid Issues working group and the Planning Working Group.
8. A copy of the instructions to EirGrid to carry out feasibility studies for the proposed wind export projects (which may have resulted in the joint study in Feb. 2013. and others).
9. A copy of the remit for the "Project Manager for the Export of Renewable Energy".
10. A copy of all correspondence with the EU Liaison Working Group regarding renewable trading and Inter-governmental agreements.
11. A copy of all correspondence between the Department (DCCAE / DCENR) and An Bord Pleanala regarding Wind energy export projects Greenwire, Energy Bridge, Bord Na Mona Energy Hub.
12. A copy of all correspondence between DCCAE / DCENR and NewERA / NTMA regarding the export of renewable energy.